Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Kitchen Aid mixer is tired....very tired

This year I decided to not bake 14 different kinds of cookies. After all who needs all those calories ?
I did make an all time favorite : chocolate espresso cookies and I also made Russian tea cakes, Florentine Lace cookies and Brown sugar chocolate chip cookies..........all quite decadent and I suppose all favorites. As if that wasn't enough I made some cupcakes with butter cream frosting adorned with pretty little Holiday decorations.
If I died after our Christmas meal, I'd die happy.
I also tried a new dessert this year because I saw a picture of it on facebook, and it looked wonderful. So wonderful I wanted to dive into the photo itself.
 They are mini cannoli pastry cups. In fact I just finished straining the riccota cheese over night in order to make the cannoli filling. I cannot wait to taste them tomorrow, after I fill the cups I'll cheat and taste one. I wouldn't want to serve the family AKA my guests anything that didn't taste good.

PS> Before posting this blog, I must make a confession : I am truly ashamed of myself. I couldn't resist, I just had to fill two pastry cups with the cannoli cream.............All I can tell you is that I could eat these at every single meal for the rest of my life and be very content............they are light and just sweet enough. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make one more.......I pray I have some left for tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment